May 21 - 22, 2018
How will these new realities impact the economic model based on wage?
How seriously will sharing economy / uberization destabilize the global social, political and fiscal systems?
What is the common good and how to defend it?
- Uberization: "fast and furious" progress(work made increasingly liberal) or backward evolution(a return to a proletarian system)?
- Impact of uberization on the Welfare State and fiscal sustainability of States?
- How to adapt/reinvent social protection and fiscal rules in the uberized economy?
- How to define "common good" and have it prevail over the destabilization of social and fiscal systems?
Crypto-currencies, shadow banking, over-indebtedness of States: have States and central banks become powerless to govern the increasingly complex financial world?
- What risks and opportunities do crypto-currencies imply?
- Should Central Banks embrace digital currencies as the BIS recommended? Central Banks should consider introducing their own cryptocurrencies, wrote the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) in its September 2017 Quarterly report where it presented the "new taxonomy of money". Is this a symptom that authorities are losing control over their monetary systems?
- Shadow banking: does it symbolize financial regulation`s failure? Is it good or bad for the overall economy?
- Over-indebtedness: are States able to counter the next financial crisis?
Automatization and robotization: Is widespread automatization of the economy and the resulting loss of jobs calling for a new economic model?
What risks and opportunities emerge within new trend of widespread automatization?
- Understanding disruptive technologies and their industrial and macroeconomic consequences?
- Taking the measure of automatization: why employment becomes marginal (myth and reality)?
- How to restore the economic system solvency endangered by automatization? How to wisely redistribute the productivity gains (resulting from robotization) to make the global economic system solvent again? Is a universal basic income the adequate tool? What are the alternatives?
- How different economic systems are being impacted by automatization: examples of China, USA, Germany?
- What issues might result from the transition towards the new economic model?
- What future for financial investments in a fully automated economy?
- Taxing the robots: is it a meaningful idea?
To face up the powerful disruptive change, induced by the Behemoths of the digital economy, globalization, and financialization of the economy, are populism and deglobalization the adequate responses to regain control of the future?
- Controlling the FAANGs (Facebook, Apple, Netflix, Alphabet, Google):utopia or necessity?
- Deglobalization: Is it possible? Is it desirable? Is it the right solution to slow down or reorientate the radical technological changes now taking place for the common good?
- Populism/Trumpism: a new force at the service of the "old world" or a new positive influence facing globalization, financialization and automatization?
This day is a free networking day for participants to the Forum.
All events, without exceptions, you might be invited to attend are neither supported nor endorsed by CIFA.